COVID-19 GUIDELINES for SUMMER 2020
BOROUGH OF BRADLEY BEACH COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR THE SUMMER 2020
Prepared by: David G. Brown II, Borough Administrator
Approved by: Chief Leonard Guida, OEM Coordinator
BEACH & BOARDWALK USE AND ACCESSESS
- Commencing at 9am on Saturday, May 23, 2020, the beach will be staffed and open to season and daily badge holders;
- Commencing at 9am on Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the beach will be staffed on a daily basis by Life Guards and swimming will be permitted;
- Commencing at 9am on Thursday, June 18, 2020, the beach will be fully staffed (Life Guards, Badge Takers and Cashiers) and open for the Summer 2020 Season;
- All Access points will be open: Lake Terrace, Cliff Ave, Newark Ave, Park Place, Ocean Park/McCabe, Lareine, Brinley, Fourth Ave, Third Ave, Second Ave and Evergreen;
- Members of the public are required to practice social distancing and stay six feet apart whenever practicable, excluding immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners;
- The following shall remain closed: Water Fountains, Picnic Areas, Playgrounds, and Pavilions;
- Showers and Restrooms will be in use with a proactive cleaning process in place that will be implemented by the Department of Public Work (DPW);
- It is strongly recommended that all employees and visitors wear a face covering
- Beach blankets, chairs and coolers are allowed;
- Prohibit all organized or contact activities or sports (Bocce Court, Mini Golf, Volleyball, Surf Camp shall remain closed);
- Locker rentals are available on Saturday, May 23, 2020 and social distancing is expected when in use;
- Boardwalk benches will not be in use; and
- Bicycles are banned from 10am to Midnight on the Boardwalk.
BADGE & PARKING SALES
- Additional Seasonal Beach badges are on sale to the public until they are sold out. Please check the Borough Website for regular updates. Purchases can be made via Viply on their website or App at www.viplypass.com/bradley-beach-badges and by cash or check at the Third Ave and Cliff Ave booths on the boardwalk; All Season Badge Viply purchases ONLY, can be picked up at the Brinley Ave tag booth.
- Daily badges will be sold on Saturday, May 23-25, 2020, every weekend after that than daily beginning Thursday, June 18, 2020;
- The maximum badge sales limit will be established by a formula that anticipates utilization of seasonal badges. Maximum beach badge sales for all days will be capped at a projected max attendance of 10,000 individuals (employees and visitors included);
- Each beach day, overall capacity will be monitored regularly, determinations will be made if needed to reduce or restrict access to certain beaches; and
- All parking spaces will be available and the Pay Stations shall be in operation from 8:00am to 7:00pm from Saturday, May 16, 2020 to Sunday, September 13, 2020 and may be purchased at the meters or the M2Pay App at www.mypay2park.com.
LIFEGUARDS AND BADGE CHECKERS
- Directed to follow the Best Practices for Re-Opening Beach Operations
FLETCHER LAKE FOOT BRIDGE
- The bridge will remain open to pedestrians crossing the bridge. No stopping or social gathering is allowed and it’s strongly recommended that face mask be worn.
TRANSIENT GUESTS OR SEASONAL TENANTS
- The Borough will begin accepting Certificate of Occupancy applications effective immediately and plan on issuing Certificate of Occupancies effective on Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORKS
- At this time in accordance with Executive Order No. 143 it is impermissible to gather individuals for fireworks.
*The Guidelines will be continuously re-evaluated and are potentially subject to change.